Message ID: 0003111
Time Message Issued: 02:18
Date Message Issued: 01/11/2019
Fire Origin / Fire Name: LOXTON
Media please note SEWS required.
Issued for Tomlinson Court, Tanko Street and Luther Road near the Loxton township.
EMERGENCY WARNING FOR A BUSHFIRE BURNING UNDER SEVERE WEATHER CONDITIONS
This fire may pose a threat to lives directly in its path.
Act now. Leave, if the path is clear to a safer place, as it will soon be too dangerous to drive.
If you cannot leave, identify where you will seek shelter from the bushfire. Heat from the fire will kill you. Do not enter this area as conditions are dangerous.
The LOXTON fire is uncontrolled. This grass fire is burning in a south westerly direction towards the township of Loxton.. Conditions are continually changing.
For updates listen to your local ABC radio station on a battery powered radio, visit the MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 01/11/2019 04:00
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- Protect yourself from the fire's heat - put on protective clothing.
- Tell family or friends of your plans.
IF YOU ARE LEAVING:
- Leave now, don't delay.
- Roads may become blocked or access may change. Smoke will reduce visibility.
- Secure your pets for travel.
- If you become stuck in your car, park away from bushes, cover yourself, get onto the floor as the windows may break from the intense heat.
IF YOU CAN'T LEAVE:
- Identify a spot to shelter in, with more than one exit. Keep moving so you are away from the heat of the fire.
- Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins and outdoor furniture away from your house.
- Close doors and windows to keep smoke out.
- Bring pets inside and restrain them.
- If you have sprinklers, turn them on to wet the area.
- If the building catches fire, go to an area already burnt. Check around you for anything burning.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- MFS on Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
Do not reply on one source of information
End of Message