Port Lincoln Station

The South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) has been servicing the City of Port Lincoln since February 1930.

On 6 April 2010, the MFS commenced operations from a new four-appliance bay station on Saint Andrews Terrace. 

This station provides facilities for firefighting personnel to train and undertake study to improve their knowledge of fire fighting techniques, fire behaviour, leadership and management.

Appliances stationed at Port Lincoln are a Pump Rescue, 17m Telescopic Aerial pumper, Isuzu 4 Wheel Drive grass fire unit and an 8,000L Bulk Water Carrier.

The design of the station includes a total of 12 kilowatts of grid-connected solar power as well as a solar-hot water system and rainwater storage of 81,000 litres which can be used for firefighting operations.

The station was officially opened by the Chief Officer of the MFS Mr Grant Lupton AFSM , in the presence of the Minister for Emergency Services Hon Michael Wright MP on 15 August 2010.   

MFS personnel respond to emergency incidents such as urban and structural fires, road accident rescue, hazardous materials and industrial accidents in the City of Port Lincoln Council area.

 

MFS Station Photo - Port Lincoln


Address:

Port Lincoln Fire Station
St Andrews Tce
PORT LINCOLN   SA   5607


In an emergency phone: 000
For administrative enquiries please phone: 8204 3600