Adelaide Fire Station Open Day – Right after the Pageant!
After a two-year hiatus, we will be opening the engine room doors to the State’s biggest fire station, right after the Christmas Pageant!
Join us for free, post-pageant family fun on Saturday 12 November 2022 – at 99 Wakefield Street, Adelaide between 11.00 am and 2.30 pm.
Meet our dedicated firefighters and staff, have a close-up look at fire appliances, view road crash rescue training and rope rescue abseiling demonstrations.
Highlights of the day include:
- Meeting our dedicated MFS firefighters and staff - and other emergency services personnel
- A close look at our firefighting appliances and equipment – and the vehicles and equipment of fellow emergency services agencies
- Road crash rescue demonstrations with our Road Awareness Program (RAP) team
- Simulated rope rescue from heights by specialised firefighters
- An interactive child fire safety education display, including the ‘Stop, Cover, Drop and Roll’ game
- Discover common causes of house fires and other structure fires and how to prevent them
- Learn how your family can prevent or survive a house fire, including how to escape a fire
- Enquire about a career as an MFS firefighter or in another emergency service.
We look forward to seeing you at MFS Open Day at Adelaide Fire Station on Saturday, 12 November between 11.00 am and 2.30 pm.
Spread the word, invite family and friends!
NOTE: If MFS Open Day is affected by extreme heat, the MFS will modify activities and displays to ensure the comfort and safety of visitors and staff.