BUSHFIRE WATCH AND ACT MESSAGE
Message ID: 0005123
Time Message Issued: 12:05
Date Message Issued: 01/12/2020
Fire Origin / Fire Name: PENOLA ROAD, MOUNT GAMBIER TEST
Issued for testing please ignore near testing please ignore
Take action now as this bushfire may threaten your safety. If you are not prepared, leave now and if the path is clear, go to a safer place. Do not enter this area as conditions are dangerous.
The testing please ignore fire is uncontrolled. This stubble fire is burning in a testing please ignore direction towards testing please ignore. Conditions are continually changing.
Shapes on this map image indicate the Warning Area to which this message applies.
YELLOW: Advice Message; ORANGE: Watch and Act Message; RED: Emergency Warning
For updates listen to your local ABC radio station on a battery powered radio, visit the MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 01/12/2020 14:04
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- Protect yourself from the fire's heat - put on protective clothing.
- Tell family and friends of your plans.
IF YOU ARE LEAVING:
- Leave now, don't delay.
- Roads may become blocked or access may change. Smoke will reduce visibility.
- Secure your pets for travel.
- If you become stuck in your car, park away from bushes, cover yourself, get onto the floor as the windows may break from the intense heat.
PREPARE TO DEFEND:
- Identify a spot to shelter in, with more than one exit, keep moving away from the heat of the fire.
- Bring pets inside and restrain them.
- Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins and outdoor furniture away from your house.
- Close doors and windows to keep smoke out.
- If you have sprinklers, turn them on to wet the areas.
- If your building catches fire go to an area already burnt. Check around you for anything burning.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- MFS on Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
Do not reply on one source of information
End of Message