Message ID: 0005122
Time Message Issued: 11:56
Date Message Issued: 01/12/2020
Fire Origin / Fire Name: PENOLA ROAD, MOUNT GAMBIER TEST
Media please note SEWS required.
Issued for testing please ignore near testing please ignore
EMERGENCY WARNING FOR A BUSHFIRE BURNING UNDER EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
You are now in danger. Take shelter in a solid building. Do not leave or enter this area in a vehicle or on foot. It is too late to leave as the roads will not be safe.
Conditions are dangerous and firefighters are now unable to prevent the fire spreading. Shelter before the fire arrives as heat can kill you well before the flames reach you.
The PENOLA ROAD, MOUNT GAMBIER TEST fire is uncontrolled. This stubble fire is burning in a testing please ignore direction towards testing please ignore. Conditions are continually changing.
Shapes on this map image indicate the Warning Area to which this message applies.
YELLOW: Advice Message; ORANGE: Watch and Act Message; RED: Emergency Warning
For updates listen to your local ABC radio station on a battery powered radio, visit the MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au or phone the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361.
This message will be updated as the situation changes or before: 01/12/2020 13:55
WHAT TO DO:
- Check and follow your Bushfire Survival Plan.
- Protect yourself from the fire's heat - put on protective clothing.
- Tell family or friends of your plan.
- If you are driving and become stuck in your car, park away from bushes, cover yourself, get onto the floor as the windows may break from the intense heat.
- Identify a spot to shelter in, with more than one exit. Keep moving so you are away from the heat of the fire.
- Bring pets inside and restrain them.
- Move flammable materials such as doormats, wheelie bins and outdoor furniture away from your house.
- Close doors and windows to keep smoke out.
- If you have sprinklers, turn them on to wet the area.
- If the building catches fire, go to an area already burnt. Check around you for anything burning.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
- MFS website www.mfs.sa.gov.au
- Bushfire Information Hotline 1800 362 361
- For hearing or speech impaired users, phone 1300 555 727 then ask for 1800 362 361
- For teletype service TTY 133 677
- MFS on Twitter
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or one of our other Emergency Broadcast Partners
For emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
Do not reply on one source of information
End of Message