The South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) operates an emergency service 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
In an Emergency phone 000
For general enquiries, please contact us using the details provided below.
Office hours are 8:30am – 4pm, Monday – Friday, excluding public holidays.
|General Enquiries:||08 8204 3600|
|Country Callers (toll free number)||1300 737 637|
99 Wakefield Street,
Adelaide SA 5000
GPO Box 98
Adelaide SA 5000
Contact us by email:
- General Enquiries
- Recruitment Enquiry - Part-Time Retained
- Recruitment Enquiry - Full-Time
- Home Fire Safety Information Enquiry
- Commercial Fire Safety Information Enquiry
- Major Event Enquiries
To provide the MFS with your valuable feedback please visit our Feedback page.
For bushfire information call the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361
or visit the CFS website
The National Relay Service (NRS) App
If you are deaf and/or find it hard hearing or speaking with people who use a phone, the National Relay Service (NRS) can help you.
The National Relay Service has developed an app allowing NRS users mobile access to a range of NRS services. For more information on the app please visit our Apps for Downloading page.
From 20 April 2021, users of the NRS will need to register to continuing using the NRS. Register here.
Numbers for NRS Users
All calls: nrschat.nrscall.gov.au/
nrschat.nrscall.gov.au/ and click the Emergency Services button
All calls: 0423 677 767
0423 677 767 and ask for Triple Zero (000)
All calls: open Skype and contact NRS VIDEO RELAY SERVICE
open Skype, contact NRS VIDEO RELAY SERVICE and ask for Triple Zero (000)
All calls: nrscaptions.nrscall.gov.au/
nrscaptions.nrscall.gov.au/ and ask for Triple Zero (000)
Standard and overseas calls: 1300 555 727
1800 calls: 1800 555 727
1800 555 727 and ask for Triple Zero (000)
Standard and overseas calls: 133 677
1800 calls: 1800 555 677
More information on NRS
- For more information on the different types of NRS calls see the Service Features page
- For tips on receiving NRS calls and communicating with NRS users see a call through the National Relay Service
- For information on calls to overseas and premium rate numbers see Calls to overseas and premium-rate numbers