Each week during the South Australian School Holiday period the MFS will hold two daytime (10.30 am) and two evening (6.30 pm) fire station tours. Tours will be held at different MFS fire stations within the Adelaide metropolitan area.
The tour will include of a fire safety talk from our firefighters followed by a look at the fire truck and engine room within the station.
Bookings will be considered on a first come first served basis and will be managed via the Eventbrite online booking system. Booking information will be uploaded below under the ‘dates and bookings’ section five weeks prior to the start of each South Australian School Holiday period.
This is a very popular school holiday activity and available spots fill quickly. Unfortunately the MFS is unable to schedule additional activities during the school holidays.
School holiday fire station tours are not available for large group bookings, including formalised out of school hours care groups.
The following conditions apply to attend an MFS School Holiday Fire Station Tour.
Conditions of MFS School Holiday Fire Station Tour
- All attendees must use the COVIDSAfe Check-In and follow SA Health and SA Government CovidSAfe requirements.
- Children attending must be four (4) years of age or older.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- School Holiday Fire Station Tours run for approximately one hour.
- The MFS does not provide parking onsite at Fire Stations. Please plan your travel and parking arrangements ahead of the tour.
- The crew and their fire truck may be required to respond to emergencies at any time during the tour, resulting in it to be halted or cancelled with no notice. This scenario is beyond our control and groups will need to re-book themselves for the next school holiday period.
Tour dates and bookings
Booking information, including dates and links to the Eventbrite online booking system , will be made available five weeks prior to the start of each the South Australian School Holiday period. Bookings are on a first come first served basis so please keep checking this page to ensure you don’t miss out.
You will receive a booking confirmation email within 48 hours (Monday – Friday) confirming your attendance. Please ensure you have a copy (print or on your phone) with you on the day of your tour.
If members of your group have accessibility requirements such as wheelchair access or interpreters, please provide details once you have had your booking confirmed.
Fire trucks can be loud and intimidating. Please ensure attendees with sensory conditions are prepared with carers or other assistance items, such as headphones, on hand.
The fire truck is not accessible for those in wheelchairs or with significant mobility issues.
Please feel free to call us on 8204 3611 to discuss any concerns ahead of your visit.
(dates and booking links here)
Fire safety educational resources for children visit our Teachers' Resources page.
Book a visit by the fire service to your school or kindy here.
Fire safety educational resources for adults, visit our Fact Sheets page.