In South Australia any fire alarm system required to be monitored by the National Construction Code or Australian Standards is monitored directly by the MFS Communications Centre. MFS monitored alarms systems must meet the requirements of MFS Built Environment Section Policy 037 Fire Alarm Conditions of Connection.
Information regarding applications for the connection of a new fire alarm system to be monitored by the MFS or alterations to existing monitored alarm systems can be found in the Fire Authority Referral – PDI Regulation 103.
Fees and charges in relation to MFS monitored fire alarm systems apply and can be found on the South Australian Government Gazette under the “Fire and Emergency Services Act 2005” section.
- New MFS Monitored Fire Alarm Connection
- Alteration to an MFS Monitored Fire Alarm Connection
- Update MFS Monitored Fire Alarm Details
- Disconnection of Monitored Alarms
- Complete MFAS New Connection Form at www.telstra.com/mfas. To be completed online by the Owner.
- Complete MFS Monitored Fire Alarm – Agreement to Connect. Signed by both the Owner and the Fire Alarm Contractor and attach to Application.
- Complete Application for a New MFS Monitored Fire Alarm Connection. To be completed online by the Fire Alarm Contractor.
- If the Alteration includes a change to the ASE (i.e., additional inputs), then complete:
- MFAS Modification Form at www.telstra.com/mfas. To be completed online by the Owner.
- If the Alteration includes a change of ownership, then complete:
- Complete Application for an Alteration to an MFS Monitored Fire Alarm. To be completed online by the Fire Alarm Contractor.
To update premises details, accounting details and contact details complete the Update MFS Monitored Fire Alarm Details form.
Changes and disconnections made to a prescribed automatic fire alarm system must be authorised by the relevant authority, either local council or private certifier (South Australia) however any changes must also be in accordance with all relevant legislation.
Should you have complied with all relevant legislation the MFS will Require for disconnection:
- Confirmation of Approval to disconnect letter form the relevant Council or certifier must be provided to the MFS prior to any disconnection or removal of monitoring service.
- All outstanding Fire alarm Billing and Charges need to be settled.
- Keys for the premises will need to be collocated from the MFS. please contact (08) 8204 3693 / (08) 8204 3696 during business hours. Otherwise, any keys held that are no longer required will be destroyed.
- Once MFS have disconnected, you will need to cancel your TELSTRA Connection. For cancellation of the Telstra Managed Fire Alarm Service contact: 1800 959 555 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please complete the Application for Disconnection/Cancellation of SAMFS Monitored Fire Alarm online form below.