During significant emergency incidents, don’t rely on a single source for your information.
Look and listen for information on television, radio, internet, mobile phones and by speaking with neighbours.
You can access current South Australian Public Information and Warnings for all emergency services agencies via:
- Alert SA website www.alert.sa.gov.au
- Alert SA app (insert hyperlink to Apps for Downloading page)
- Monitoring all SA emergency services social media accounts via Alert SA
- On local ABC radio, FIVEaa, or your local emergency services broadcaster.
Additional sources of SA public information and warnings
MFS emergency incidents – structure fire, bushfire, chemical spill, gas leak, smoke in area.
For current Bushfire information and warnings for incidents in Country Fire Service (CFS) or Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) area:
- Visit the CFS website’s Current Incidents table www.cfs.sa.gov.au
- CFS social media accounts via Alert SA
- Call the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1300 362 361.
Heatwave, flood and weather related incidents
- State Emergency Service (SES) website www.ses.sa.gov.au
- Bureau of Meteorology website http://www.bom.gov.au/sa/
- SES social media
- Call 132 500 to report weather damage – if life threatening, call Triple Zero (000).
Apps for downloading
Apps are available for you to monitor current emergency situations and warnings, or to report an emergency incident. Click here for more information.
For more information about the Emergency Alert national telephony warning system, click here
For disaster recovery information and assistance:
- Visit www.sa.gov.au
- Call the Disaster Recovery Hotline on 1800 302 787.